Westlink Career Institute is a certified American Heart Association (AHA) training center and offers our student’s HeartCode ACLS both online and onsite. AHA’s HeartCode ACLS course is an advanced course that builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR, and high-performance team dynamics.
HeartCode ACLS is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the AHA’s ACLS Course. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session at Westlink.
If you choose to take the e-learning course through AHA, you will receive a certificate, which you will bring to Westlink Career Institute to take the hands-on session.
Who Should Take This ACLS Course?
The AHA’s ACLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies and for personnel in emergency response. Westlink On-Site HeartCode ACLS – Cost – $250.00
Westlink Career Institute is a certified American Heart Association (AHA) training center and offers our student’s HeartCode ACLS on-site classes. The on-site class are 2 days @ 8 hours per day for a total of 16 hours for completion. The course consists of lecture, testing, and skills competency. Upon successful completion of both the on-site written component and the skills component, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years. Please select the date on the calendar and start time (9:00am),and book your ACLS Course now. See the components covered in this class below:
Westlink On-line (e-Learning) HeartCode ACLS
Cost – $132.00 (on-line component only)
To better accommodate our student’s schedules, Westlink Career Institute now offers e-learning courses for our HeartCode ACLS through our blended learning with the American Heart Association (AHA). The e-learning course requires 61/2 – 7 hours to complete. The course has two different components (i.e., e-learning written component through AHA, and onsite [Westlink] for skills testing). HeartCode ACLS is a self-directed, comprehensive eLearning program that uses e-Simulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. To enter the course, students will be directed to complete a pre-course self-assessment on the AHA site. Students will then be presented with a team dynamic lesson and 10 In-hospital patient cases, including a BLS case and 2 mega-code cases.
Heartcode ACLS is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the AHA’s ACLS Course. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session. Upon successful completion of both the e-learning component and the skills component, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years.
Please follow the steps below to access our AHA HeartCode ACLS e-learning course:
· Go to shopcpr.heart.org and make sure you click on ACLS e-learning
· Add to Cart – Price for ACLS HeartCode $132.00
· Login or Create Account (Use your e-mail address for login)
· Checkout – Pay for Course; Your order history page will appear
· Click Go to course – Complete Course – Take Survey to receive certificate
· Download, Print or e-mail Certificate – Must show before taking skills at Westlink
· Any technical issues – Please call 1-877-AHA-4CPR
What does this on-line or on-site ACLS course teach?
· Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
· Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
· Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
· Airway management
· Related pharmacology
· Management of ACS and stroke
· Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
· Whether you choose on-line or on-site, you will need to take your skills exam at Westlink
Training Hours Required:
On-site Course: 16 Hours – 2 Days @ 8 Hours @ Day
On-line e-learning Course: 6 ½ – 7 Hours (online component only)
Required Student Materials:
On-site – ACLS Student Manual (Purchase through Westlink)
On-line e-learning Course: (e-manual is included with the course)
Location: The on-site class and the skills component of the e-learning class will be held at 700 – 12th Street, N.W, Washington, D.C. 20005