Westlink Career Institute is a certified American Heart Association (AHA) training center and offers our students Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens both online through American Heart Association (AHA) and onsite at Westlink Career Institute (WCI). Our Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens course teaches employees how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials. This course is designed to meet OSHA requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
Who Should Take This BLS Course?
Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens is geared towards anyone with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens such as: Correctional Officers, Childcare workers, Security guards, Maintenance workers, School personnel, Hotel housekeepers, Health and fitness club staff, and Tattoo artists. Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years. Please contact your employer to ensure that you are selecting the correct course.
Westlink On-Site Bloodborne Pathogens Course
Cost $175.00 Skills Only $153.00
This training is designed for the general public, who may come into contact with blood or other body fluids in the course of their day to day lives. The training satisfies the requirements for OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration OSHA Form 300). The course design teaches the student the following:
· Principles with respect to safety protocol
· Principles with respect to exposure and cleanup
· Principles with respect to dealing with blood and other bodily fluids deemed harmful
Participants will need to successfully complete performance skills for completion card. There is no written examination for this training.
AHA On-line (e-Learning) Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens
Cost $22.00 (on-line only)
To better accommodate our student’s schedules, Westlink Career Institute now offers its Bloodborne Pathogens course through AHA e-learning site. (See Directions Below)
This on-line e-learning course provides students with the convenience of completing the course at their own pace wherever they have access to the Internet. It includes interactive exercises and videos to engage students and provide periodic points of knowledge transference, along with audio and transcript for students who may have a hearing or visual disability, and much more. Please use a laptop, tablet or computer, no cell phones to complete the course please.
· Students can complete at their own pace at work, home, or wherever Internet access is available
· Certificate of completion available to print
· Access to all information in the online portion for 12 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned
· Includes audio and transcript for students who may have a hearing or visual disability
Please follow the steps below to access our AHA HeartCode Bloodborne Pathogens e-learning course:
· Go to shopcpr.heart.org and click on Bloodborne Pathogens e-learning
· Add to Cart – Price for Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens $22.00
· Login or Create Account (Use your e-mail address for login)
· Checkout – Pay for Course; Your order history page will appear
· Click Go to course – Complete Course – Receive certificate
· Download, Print or e-mail Certificate – Must show before taking skills
· Any technical issues – Please call 1-877-AHA-4CPR
Training Hours Required:
Westlink On-site Bloodborne Pathogens Course: 2 Hours (10:00am – 12:00pm M-F)
AHA Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens e-learning – 1 Hour (At your convenience)
Required Student Materials:
Westlink – Bloodborne Pathogens Student Manual – $7.50 (Go to shopcpr.heart.org)
AHA – Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogen – e-Workbook ($7.50) go to shopcpr.heart.org
Location: All Westlink classes will be held at:
700 – 12th Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20005